Retarding Basin Wetlands
- Bulk earthworks to remove 8,000M3 of clay to provide the foundation of the basin at designed levels, including a clay liner to basin.
- Drainage and storm water pit installation around the basin to allow storage and release of water when required.
- Build 5m high retaining walls around the perimeter of the basin and landscape.
- Construct Gabions, fencing and landscape elements.
- Contruct overflow area designed for a 1 in 100-year storm.
- Facing the 5m wall with Gabion baskets.
- Confined entry and access.
- Working with high walls and deep excavations.